Saturday, May 22, 2010

The end of my Uni life

I think... it finally sinks in that I'm graduating. Not that I wasn't aware of it till now, but the full impact of what I am feeling only hit me just recently.

The heavy rain outside certainly didn't help with my mood. Rainy days always make me sad and melancholy, for some odd reason. Hence, I'm basically being emo now thinking about how much I'm gonna miss my uni life and my EL mates.

Of course, I will not miss the stress from assignments, FYP or exams. But after three years of being with my EL mates, I can't imagine life without them. It's only been a two weeks since we finished the last paper, and I am already missing them dreadfully.

I miss being in class actually. I miss hanging out with my classmates. I miss eating breakfast with my assignment mates, Pei Ling, Zaza, Amelia, and sometimes Xia Xia. I miss talking and joking with my classmates during the short breaks we had during class. I miss using Denise, Alex and Esther as heater when the air-con in UTAR threatened to turn me into human icicle.

It saddens me to know that in the future, I might not be able to hang out with them as often as when we were in class. In fact, I'm not even sure how often we will see each other because everyone will be going his/her own way. And frankly, I'm just very bad at keeping in touch with my old buddies.

Well, I supposed there's still Redang trip, and also our convo. Too bad that some EL mates aren't going for the trip. If everyone is there, it will have made the trip all the more fun.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

just found one similarity btw u and me: Easily feel sad and melancholy in rainy days.haha. But sometimes rainy days are good at healing wounds or when we want to calm down too.So, still love rainy days. haha. Although we are not so close during this campus life, i am grateful that we get to know each other in UTAR. Will miss all of u in EL course.. :) and we shall meet very soon again in our upcoming Redang trip. Let's collect more momories before we get separated. :)