Tuesday, March 20, 2012

She was an overweight glutton. She walked as though she had all the time in the world, and looked at you lazily when you talked to her. She was the happiest early in the morning because she absolutely loved breakfast.

I just came back from a trip, and before I could tell my sis all about my trip, my sis broke the news that Madge had died while fighting a poisonous snake that came into my house.

It was unexpected, because we all expected her to live forever. I know it's not realistic, as a dog's lifespan is around 10-12 years, but we didn't expect her to go in such a way. She always tried to play the heroine, barking loudly and attacking whatever small animals that invaded my home, but this time, the heroine died after saving the day.

Part of me was angry at her, for trying to be the heroine. I know that she wanted to protect us, that was why she did what she did. However, that doesn't change the fact that it broke our heart that she is now no longer with us.

Rest in peace, dear Madge, we hope that you have a good life wherever you are now, with no annoying fleas bothering you. You will always have our love.

2 comments:

sue aka yume said...

My condolences. It's really heartbreaking to lose a pet so suddenly.

Jojo aka Death Angel said...

Thanks, Sue.