1. Decide on a beat. Make it as repetitive as possible.
2. Make your lyrics as simple and minimal as possible. It doesn't have to be poetic or deep with meaning.
3. Come up with some phrases, make it as catchy as possible. Doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense. Repeat as frequently as you can without biting your own tongue when you try to sing it.
4. Recruit girls for the MV. The prettier, the better.
5. Dress the girls up in either sexy or quirky outfits. Teach them to dance, either provocatively... or funny.
6. Hire some dudes, dress them up in bright suits and make them wear weird glasses. Cue them to walk into the scene at appropriate time, do some out-of-the-place dance moves.
7. Make the video as random as possible. There is NO need for the video to make any sense, just like how the song will not make any sense.
8. Most importantly, have a simple dance move that people can learn while repeating the catchy phrase.
And you know you have created a hit song, when it has some many views on Youtube, with almost equal amount of likes and dislikes.
And of course, your song has to reach out to different age groups, from young to old. The young will know how to sing and dance, and the old, well, if they can't dance that well, they will be able to belt out that particular phrase as loud as possible at the weirdest timing.