Friday, March 23, 2007

The beauty of finance

So I have spent quite a few dreadful hours trying to study my upcoming Finance test. It's really sad, really, since it's only 15% of my coursework marks, but oh-so-important is that 15%. If only I don't care.

After studying, and more studying, I still can't get the beauty of finance. Oh, don't get me wrong. I might be feeling half dead from all the maths things, but hey, I'm no quitter. So what if I have to remember the same things but in different terms? It's just bummer, but for the sake of the test, I'm willing to scoop down to the level of a bummer.

I shudder to think what I will do if I have to do finance for the rest of my life. Maybe halfway through my zombie-half-dead-half-alive state, I might learn to appreciate finance. But until then, I think I will keep the only finance part of my life just strictly to spending money and receiveing money instead of all the bonds, shares, securities, present value, future value, coupon rate, interest rate, and required return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beauty??? u categorise finance as beauty??? how so??? LOL