Thursday, March 22, 2007

No music, No life

Well... maybe the condition isn't that bad, without music. I won't say I will die without music, maybe a little bit, but the thing is, music plays such a big part in my life now. I can't recall back a day when I did not spend at least half an hour listening to songs. Even though I can't play any music instruments to save my life, but like almost all the teenagers out there, I'm kinda obsessed with music.

Alas, it's sad to say that my taste in music has changed dramatically. From bubblegum pop, I now listen to those heavy beat and loud bass music. No more slow and mellow songs. And I'm definitely not proud to say that almost 90% of the songs I listen to now are all, well, not what you will call thought provoking. Oh, the tune is so deliciously good, just tempting you to shake your hair loose and do some stupid dance, but hey, the lyrics will kill whatever intelligence you have. I'm serious.

And those songs that actually have meaningful lyrics, I'm just too impatient to actually listen to those slow mellow songs. Why don't they just combine great tune and great lyrics so I won't get bored of them? Probably cause great lyrics don't fit heavy beat and loud bass. And the songs that I find the lyrics meaningful, are unfortunately in another language, say Japanese, which I have no idea what the singer is singing, until I read the translation and fell in love with it, that's it.

By the way, don't even get me started on the voice of the singers. If I was to lift my hand up and really count those singers who can really sing, not those sing that everyone can do, but those hitting high notes and low tune, well, I don't think I can count until ten.

Can't complain though. I think really, if one day I have to stop listening to music, I might just die of boredom. And besides, who am I to complain about thought provoking and meaningful lyrics? I'm the one who loves songs that involve you not to focus on the lyrics and books that have so lame storylines that you couldn't resist finish reading it just so you can laugh at it at the end.

No comments: