Thursday, May 15, 2008

Prince Caspian

Dear Prince Caspian,
I think you are very handsome in the tall and dark kind of way, and you definitely owned the show (duh! the movie IS about you anyways), but unfortunately, I'm still in love with Aslan instead of you.

So... I went and watched the second Narnia movie, and surprisingly, it was good. After the first movie, which I have conveniently forgot the story other than my beloved Aslan and polar bears fighting, I wasn't really looking forward to the second movie. And like I said, Ben Barnes isn't exactly my type of guy, though he did look really good in the movie, to make me interested in watching.

However, due to boredom, I have decided to go and watch the movie with my bestie the moment it hit cinema, which is today. In case you want to know, playing driver isn't very fun especially when you can't speed on the congested roads and blast the radio loud enough (my bro always turn down my radio volume when he's in the car).

The storyline is, ya know, evil whoever wants to steal the throne, tries to kill the heir, the heir runs away, plots to retaliate, fight happens, in the end the good wins and the bad dies. Yada yada yada. The scenery is beautiful, as was in the first movie. The fighting scenes are good too, oh, and funny. Love the rats, they are just so funny and adorable.

Like I said, I don't remember much about the first movie, but the couple sitting beside me definitely did! They were discussing bits of the first movie and relate them to the second movie while the show was playing. It wasn't annoying actually, but the thing is, they are this old couple, as in around late forties or early fifties, the age. Since Joy and I couldn't remember enough to save our life, it is kinda a bit weird to have this old couple having better memory than us. After all, we all know that our memory starts to fail as we grow older.

The only complain that I have for this movie will be I wish Aslan has more on screen time. Why do they make the lion looks so "yeng" yet refused to let him on screen for more time is beyond me. Hmm... but other than that, it's a worthy watch.

3 comments:

Bernard said...

Love the show!!! and nice theme ;)

Jojo aka Death Angel said...

thanks ^^ got it from the link u have in your blog actually. haha!

Bernard said...

oh, I din notice this theme, but maybe its there, LOL