Monday, September 21, 2009

Guy flick

We all know about chick flick. It's really easy to recognise a chick flick, really. All you need to do is look for posters with (90% of the time) white background, and a man and a woman (usually very leng chai and leng lui), or sometimes when it's not a man and a woman together, then it's just the woman herself. Other things that you should look out for when looking at a chick flick posters are colours like red, or pink.

The storyline is as cliche as you can imagine, of course. All the fluffiness, the happy endings. Aww... sweetness. But it usually started out with man and woman, they can't stand each other, and outta nowhere, love sneaks up to them and voila! They fall in love.

Anyways, this is not the reason why I am blogging now (other than to avoid studying, which I am supposed to be doing, btw). Zaza and I just finished, well, we skipped through the last hour, because I cannot tahan the stupidness of the story anymore, but anyways, we just watched "The last house on the left". And I believe since we have chick flick for movies that obviously chicks watch, surely we have guy flick that guys watch too.

In my humble opinion, surely "The last house on the left" fit neatly into this genre.

First of all, the main character, okay, characters, two of them are this blonde female, and quite attractive too. Then, the female characters will dress quite skimpily. Not to mention a lot of flashing here and there, one moment it's the thighs, the next the stomach, then the boobs and the butt.

Of course, a movie can't just be all about barely dressed females, as nice as it is to watch them prance around half naked on the screen. The next criteria is surely the storyline. It's way simple, and more often than not, it doesn't make any sense. The pretty female character will stupidly walk into a situation that will put herself in danger, and sometimes might do something that look quite brave and intelligent, only to end up useless, her effort, I mean. And usually, in between these scenes, as the story progresses, weird incidents, like the father asking the son to rape one of the girls that they held as hostages, will happen.

Anyways, ignore the female characters and the storyline for a while, the other characteristic of a guy flick will be blood and killing. The killing of the victim will be acted out in as much details as possible, and blood will be everywhere! And the more gory the killings are, the better. Preferably if the killings are not just random stabbing and shooting. Perhaps you should try sticking someone's head in a malfunctioning microwave oven and see if it will explode.

But pardon me, for I really can't be a good critic on this topic, seeing as I didn't finish watching the movie. I skipped through movie, and still managed to get the story, because after the weird raping scene (which we skipped) in the middle of the story, that did not make much sense to Zaza and I, I just got bored and decided not to waste my next hour watching the remaining movie.

Admittedly, I didn't go through the whole movie, but really, I don't see the point of watching. I was really disappointed though, I wanted to watch that movie when it was in the cinemas, and luckily, I didn't have the time to go, or else my money would have been wasted. The summary sounded interesting, and the poster looked promising. But alas, looks can be deceiving!

4 comments:

sue aka yume said...

Movies nowadays really sux to the core that I don't see the point of the whole thing sometimes. I spent 1 hour & 45 minutes watching Tsunami. And guess what, the first 1 hour plus was about the relationships of the characters (mainly love), and finally when they got to the Tsunami part, it lasted less than 15 minutes =.= Why is the movie called Tsunami again?

Jojo aka Death Angel said...

i know... i don't mind the violence in the movie, sometimes i watch movies like that too. but what i don't get is the pointless things that happened in the first 40 mins that zaza n i actually did watched. -.-''' it was stupid and didn't make any sense at all.

kang said...

i had that movie in my lappy..wanted to watch in the cinema too!! i just drag it to the middle of the movie, and i saw the guy rapping the girl..and also some scene that doesnt't make any sense at all..i was like...WTH?? and then i was thinking maybe i'm just too coward to watch. Probably will watch it with CC..LOL..and then, you post this blog that explained to me I don't have to waste time watching it =)..and guess what?? i just deleted it.. LOL

Jojo aka Death Angel said...

zadao. i have no doubt the killing scenes should be gory. perhaps cc will provide some comfort for u when u guys watch together? human jacket mar.

what lar u! so late ady still awake.