Thursday, April 14, 2011

A friend told me something that is so relevant to me. And because of that, I feel like crying.

She told me that she saw this quote that said "You can't change someone without destroying the old him or her".

And funny... that was what I have been trying to get him to understand, but it seems like he can't get it at all.

On the other hand, I saw something beautiful today. I was on my way back home, taking the lift up to my floor. This lil boy, probably around 7 years old, was in the lift with his mum. It turned out that the mum was waiting for the dad. So she asked me if it is okay to wait for a while, and since I am not in a hurry, I told her it's not a problem.

So the dad came in, and the doors closed. The lil boy took out the book that he just bought from his bag, and was looking at it fascinatedly. And the mum and dad looked at him so lovingly while their son was so absorbed in his book, before looking up at each other with a smile that says so much about the love they have for their son.

It occured to me that, I kinda forgot that parents will always love their kids. It's just that I seem to encounter so many kids in where I work, that seem to have been neglected by their parents because the parents are so busy working, that I forgot that not all parents neglect their kids because of work. And even if they do, they only do it out of the love for their kids because they want the family to be financially stable.

Ah well... I feel like I'm turning into an old doddering lady who yaps on and on about things that are quite sappy.

But it really made my day, to see the family like that in the lift.

4 comments:

Laila Knight said...

Listen, sappy is my middle name. If more people took the time to see the world through a child's eyes, we wouldn't be in the predicatment we're in now.

jeriwilliamson said...

I just stumbled apon your blog and I happened to read your latest post and I really loved it. I love children, I have three of my own and they are my everything. The thing that I love most about kids is that they are so beautiful and wonderful and happy in this crazy world we call life. When I am down i just look at my kids and I know that they have it right, the world is so big and amazing to them and I love to see that in their eyes. I look forward to following your blog and reading what you have to say.

Ray Allen said...

that's so SAD
macorpcisawesomer.blogspot.com

hapi said...

Hi Jojo aka Death Angel, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog