Friday, April 10, 2009

They wait

I finally managed to have the long-planned movie date with Alex and Sal. The three of us had been planning to watch the horror movie "They wait" for quite some time already, but it never happened, because of one reason, or another.

Anyways... today was the end of presentations. And assignments. Finally. I don't want to talk about it, because I was not very happy with myself for both the assignments and presentations that I did. Not to mention that I might have caused my groupmates their marks because of my stupid mistakes.

Well... I still have another quiz on Monday, but what the hell. I needed that movie date with Alex and Sal. So we stayed back after school, and got all cosy in one of the counselling rooms. We tried to persuade Denise and Esther, and even Xia Xia to stay with us to watch, but none of them was persuaded. The three of us probably need to work on our persuasion skills.

So... the movie, which I found out was actually out in 2007, and it hit the cinema in Malaysia early this year (notice how we always seem to be behind when it comes to movie screening?), was okay. It wasn't as scary as I hope, so tonight I will be able to sleep properly even if I don't have a roommate for tonight and tomorrow.

The story is about this little boy who got possessed by a spirit when he went back to his father's hometown (I think) for the uncle's funeral during Hungry Ghost Month. So... turned out that the uncle wasn't as honest as he should be, he and his gang of evil doers killed one of their workers because she found out about their dirty little secret. The girl that they killed was angry and couldn't rest in peace, so she possessed the little boy to, well, I don't know. Not for revenge, but well, maybe so that someone would help her find peace. And of course, the hero, or heroine, of the movie was the boy's mother, who in the end, exposed the uncle's evil gang who was still doing evil deeds. The rest of the gang who were still alive got what they deserved in the end, and the boy lived, thanks to his brave mother.

And then I started thinking. Why is in every horror movie that I have seen so far, the protagonist is always a female? And whenever the female has some kind of trouble, or need some guidance, there is always a freakishly weird guy there to give her some needed answers?

Well... and people say chick flicks are cliche. I guess horror movies can be just as cliche too. Lol.

4 comments:

XiaoXin said...

Wah..so nice watch movie hor?
Aiseh.. when was the last time we watch movie together??

Jojo aka Death Angel said...

the question should be... when was the last time we saw each other?

XiaoXin said...

eh..yalor. in February right?? some more is in PJ not BP. aiyo..hahaha..

Axtar said...

There's nothing wrong with your persuasion skills - I'm just a big chicken! >D