Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chasing my muse

Two days ago, I was rereading one of the one-shots (because I was bored) that I didn't manage to finish. And of course, being the slacker that I am, naturally I have a few lying around, just waiting for me to complete them.

It so happened that I usually remember the plot that I planned out for those fics even though I have left them hanging for quite some time. So, when I was reading the one that was supposed to be completed looooong ago, which was suggested by Farah, suddenly, my muse came back! (Which might not be such a weird thing, except that I haven't had this overwhelming urge to write ever since I stepped into university.) And my brain was filled with all the words and sentences that flowed perfectly for the continuation of the fic!

Happily, I settled down comfortably, prepared to finish the darn one-shot that I left hanging for ages. Then I saw the digits on the clock. Damn... it was late, and I needed to shower! Indecision warred inside of me. Should I finish my one-shot, and shower waaaaaaaay later, or shower first and hope my muse will not abandon me while I shower?

In the end, I decided to shower first, which I did quite quickly, and then, when I settled back and prepared to start writing, I realised my muse had went away.

Darn.

And even though I tried writing anyways, the words just didn't seem right, and in the end, even though I left what I wrote there, the next time I read it again, I probably will delete the whole section off anyways.

No comments: