Thursday, January 17, 2008

Riddles and classes

Today has been a fun day at uni. Class started at 9.30 in the morning with Intro to English Lit, which, despite feeling sleepy, I still managed to enjoy the class. The lecturer gave a passage by E.M. Forster. The passage is interesting to analyse. But I guess the highlight of the class will be when nearing the end, the lecturer gave us some riddles to solve. Some of them were quite silly and amusing, while some are just plain obvious. My favourite out of the rest is this:

Why was Karl Marx buried at Highgate Cemetery in London?

Go figure.

After Eng Lit was Grammar, which was fun too because the lecturer asked us to talk about out experience while working during the sem break. Not everyone talked, but anything to avoid Grammar lessons has to be interesting. Before that, we were given an activity to do, which was to find people in class that have the same similarities with you. Example, who woke up at the same time this morning as you. The whole class just erupted into noise. Everyone was shouting questions out loud to the whole class, kinda like a lelong, and the lecturer just sat there and watched us. When we were done, she declared that we are the noisiest class she has. Seems like we are always the noisiest class that a lecturer has.

Class after lunch was Journalism, and though I'm supposed to like the subject, I couldn't help feeling sleepy. Could be the lunch, cause I always feel sleepy after lunch, or it could be because we are learning stuff that we have learnt before. We haven't really gotten down to the writing part, but we already have an assignment due next week. Oh, not to mention that the lecturer dropped the bombshell about pop quiz that she will give any time. And the pop quiz is supposed to test us on our general knowledge. Joy, I'm sure I will do badly. Reading newspaper is kind of a depressing job for me.

Overall, today has been a fun day. At least I wasn't bored outta my mind for all three classes.

No comments: