Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gabriel

So, since today is a public holiday, and since I'm me, of course I went out. Today's destination was 1 Utama with my friends Sal and Boo Boo. The morning started off with, of course, McD breakfast, which was followed by a movie.

We wanted to watch Sweeney Todd when we found out that it is already in cinema, but I guess that will have to wait. So following through the initial plan, we watched Gabriel. I wanted to put a picture of the movie here, but apparently I couldn't find one. So there.

The movie started off pretty decent, despite a friend telling me that it sucks. But I can understand why some people think that it sucks. The storyline was okay, but the fighting scenes are horrible. Amusing even. The first fight, if I am not mistaken, looked as the two people are dancing instead of fighting. It looked too graceful, and well, people just don't fight like they are dancing. And the final fight, yeah well, it IS the final fight, after all. It's just so lame that I actually find it funny to watch them fight. How lame is that?

The ending was, I supposed, acceptable. At least it didn't have the "And they live happily ever after" ending, which is so cliche. What I don't understand is why suddenly out of nowhere the director had to inject a sex scene. Honestly, I know supposedly we all love romance and sex and yada yada yada, but the sex scene seriously made me think that the movie isn't as good as it's supposed to be. Instead of making the movie more interesting, it's BORING. I just don't see the connection between the scene before the sex scene and whatever that eventually leads to sex.

All and all, it wasn't such a bad movie, but certainly not worth the 10 bucks that I paid. If only it's the usual student price.

After the movie, we walked around searching for food. We wanted to get doughnuts, but there was a long like. Eventually, we settled down at a place called Bar.B.Q. Plaza. It was some sort of bbq and steamboat place. It was fun eating there, and the food's good too. We went grocery shopping next, and soon we headed back.

With a new belt and a new nailpolish colour!

No comments: