Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Year One, Sem Two

After taking a long sem break that killed almost 80 percent of my braincells, the new sem is finally starting. Honestly speaking, I was looking forward to starting a new sem, because working is a drag, and having nothing to do is going to be the death of me if that's for permanent basis. So, despite all the boredom that I might suffer from studying, I rather be studying than not studying.

So far, I have only attended three lectures. I'm looking forward to some of the subjects in this sem, such as Journalism 1 and also Intro to English Literature. Hopefully, the lecturers are interesting enough to not kill my interest in both subjects.

Semantics was okay. Still hovering between might-be interesting or painfully dull. Another lecture by Dr. Teh and the subject will be taken over by another lecturer who is a Japanese. I hope she gives interesting lectures.

Intro to English Literature looks promising. The lecturer seems good enough, and the only thing that I'm a teensy bit dissatisfied is that the course seems so shallow compared to what I first thought of. From what the lecturer said during the first lecture, a lot of stuff will just be touch and go. We won't go very deep into the subject, which I think is too bad since I really think I can enjoy this subject very much.

Grammar is as dull as one can expect. I find it entertaining to try not to come up with excuses to skip class, even though that is not an appropriate thing to think about when the lecturer is giving the lecture. But Grammar is Grammar. Something about it just makes my brain shuts down and refuses to accept whatever that comes out of the lecturer's mouth.

Since tomorrow is a public holiday, there will be replacement class on Friday, which means three lectures in a day. Joy. I hope I can survive through the day.

Okay, last words before I end the entry, this sem's timetable sucks!

No comments: