Monday, September 8, 2008

Impressed... wow

I have always considered myself quite erm... conscious when it comes to environment and also animals, but obviously, I could use more knowledge on both topics. And probably do more in order to help fight what I believe in.

But then again.... I might not have the faith and a heart big enough to do that.

Today I went grocery shopping with Sal at Jusco. While waiting in line to pay money, I noticed that the lady in front of me was using those environmental friendly bags to keep her grocery. And I am seriously impressed that she went through the trouble to do that. Yeah, I know, Jusco's bags are supposed to be environmental friendly, and biodegradable, but seriously, how many times do you see someone using their own environmental friendly bags to keep their grocery? This is the first time that I saw someone doing that.

And which reminds me, there was this article about animal abuse that I read in Cleo magazine a while back. Apparently the people protesting against animal abuse are willing to do all sorts of things to help the abused animals. Like sneaking into farms to check whether the chickens are being kept in a small metal cage with no space to move at all, and sneaking into labs that use animal to do experiments and freeing the animals.

Those people are so dedicated to what they believed in! I am totally against animal abuse, but I don't think I will be able to do what they do to help the animals, though I wish I could. I am not sure if I have the courage to sneak into labs and get into trouble with the law because of what I believe in, which is kind of sad because I know I want to do something to help with all these causes that I believe in.

Maybe sometime in the future, I might pluck up enough courage to do something to help the environment, or the poor abused animals. I hope the day will come soon.

No comments: