Saturday, September 6, 2008

The babe in the house

So... after a day full of rain, and weariness from the numbly disastrous Moral final paper, I decided to take a flu tablet that left me drowsy in order to escape reality, even if it was for an hour, in the form of slumber.

And it so happened that the babe in the house decided to arrive back home the moment I snuggled into my bed and shut my eyes. And surprise surprise, the babe just had to voice out, and what a voice she has. It never fails to ring clearly and loudly all through the house no matter at what time of the day.

Then there was me, in the bed, trying to sleep, failing to ignore the oh-so-there voice of the babe. Lotsa laughing, lotsa talking, lotsa shouting.

Never mind, I thought to myself, this should help. And I proceeded to cover my ear with my pillow, fully aware that I might lack oxygen later, but as long as I could not hear the voice....

And ta-da! I could still hear the voice.

Damn.

Ignore ignore ignore ignore.

Finally, the voice stopped for whatever bloody reason, only to have the sound of someone washing the toilet making me so mad that I decided to give up sleeping.

Seriously, like can't a drug-loaded person have a proper sleep without all the extra noise?

Okay, I admit that I am not exactly a saintly housemate. I am messy, blast my music a tad too loud sometimes, don't really get involve in the conversations that are being carried out in the house, too preoccupied with my laptop too much of the time, and ignorant to the fault at some other times. But I try to be considerate. I try not to be noisy especially when I know there is someone sleeping. I try not to talk too loudly especially when I know the person that I am talking to isn't deaf.

Which the last time I checked all of my housemates are very well in their hearing.

Anyways, the thing is, I don't get why she has to speak so loud. I know fully well that she can speak softly, duh! I heard the way she talks to her boyfriend, and from the way she talks you will have think alien kidnapped the real babe and replaced her with some chick that is WAY softer when it comes to projecting her voice. And seriously, none of the people that she talks to is deaf. That's why I really don't get the constant loud, in-your-face voice that she has.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me that have this problem with her voice in the house. Sometimes it came to the point that I feel like going out there and slapping her silly if that is what it takes to shut her annoying voice. But I digress. I am already seen as a bitchy person compared to all my housemates, so no need to act out that part as well.

But seriously, what I wouldn't give to stuff a dirty cloth down her throat so that she will choke and never voice out again. Or maybe install some volume button so that her loudness can be controlled, at the very least.

To not end this post with all the complaints and bitchiness, I want to say this.

I sincerely hope, despite all the cursing and bitching about a certain babe in this post, that my karma is good enough to ensure that I pass my Moral. Cause I am really, really, really scared that I really might fail that paper, and if I did fail, well, sucks to be me.

After all the brain-cracking in the freezing room while willing my numb fingers to write some words that my brain miserably managed to produce, I am gonna cry my eyes out if I fail the paper.

I am gonna cry my eyes out.

No comments: