Thursday, November 13, 2008

Icked out

Okay, so half the sem is gone, and I have new Japanese lecturer and Malaysian Lit lecturer. Personally, I don't think that Dr. T was doing a bad job teaching Japanese, but Mr. Naha definitely does it better, though it's kinda stressing to attend his class. Too many quizzes, too many random questions that come your way when you least expected it (don't they always?), and some homework. As for Malaysian Lit lecturer, well, if you have been reading my blog then you know very well that I couldn't be happier to have a new lecturer, who thankfully, seems to explain stuff rather than lead us into a reading out loud session.

Anyways, Mr. Naha's classes are usually interesting. As he teaches us, he tells us about the culture in Japan too, which is interesting because we learn new things that are not just in the textbook. Imagine how boring the class will be if everything is just textbook and more textbook.

So last week he told us that he will let us sing a Japanese song, and asked if we have any suggestion. Since I don't think that the class will appreciate Jrock, and also I don't really dare to voice out, cause for some odd reasons I seem to lose all intelligent reply when he calls on me, yeah, his voice and stare are a lil intimidating, and nobody else gave any suggestion, he decided to choose the song that we will sing.

And tada! He chose a Hirai Ken song. Ookina furudokei.

Honestly, I get icked out when I hear his voice. I don't know why, but his voice seriously makes my hair stands. All the while when I was in class listening to him singing that song, I could feel my hair standing on my arms, something that never happened to me, not even when I'm cold to the point of numbness. And I thought that is supposed to be what the hair's function is, trap a layer of air in order to keep me warm.

Anyways, not to mention that Ookina furudokei has the melody of a childhood song of mine. So now my childhood song is kinda ruined by his voice, and I'm like... "Nooooooooo! I like that song! I have happy childhood memory!!!! I want to listen to the kid's English version instead of Hirai Ken's!!!!"

But apparently, Lynda and I seemed to be the only ones having problem with that song. All the others seemed to enjoy that song, and sucks to be me if Mr. Naha seriously expects us all to sing that song one by one next time.

Well, at least I cured my sushi-deprived state when I went to MV with Boo this afternoon. The sushi was good, and Madagascar 2 did not disappoint. The characters are still as cute and wacky as ever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ish~ so nice~ can go to MV have sushi and watch madagascar. Boo ask me that day if i am free enough to join. Too bad~ again~ haiy.. nevermind.. some other time perhaps. .take care~ hugs~

Anonymous said...

lol Hirai Ken. His voice is kinda high-pitched isn't it?
shud pick Utada Hikaru's "Hikari" :3

Jojo aka Death Angel said...

farah: my lecturer said he doesn't want female singers, said he can't sing their songs. we did say we wanted utada's song... i think.

kang: bler! don't want to date u :P go watch with ur darling lar.

Bernard said...

Eh - how come no one suggested Doraemon's OST that goes "Ang! Ang! Ang!" one???

Jojo aka Death Angel said...

we did!!!! he said it's not easy for us to sing, so he rejected that song