Saturday, November 29, 2008

A talk about Mr. Birch

On Thursday, my Malaysian Lit lecturer, Mr. David, managed to invite Kee Thuan Chye to our class to give a talk about his play, We could **** you, Mr Birch. Personally, I love Kee Thuan Chye's work, and was absolutely thrilled that he was coming to give a talk.

I met him a few weeks back also, in another talk, unfortunately, the talk wasn't all that interesting because it was mostly about grammar and stuff, but Mr. Kee has a good sense of humour, and even if grammar is not all that interesting, at least it was not so boring because he made us laugh.

But the talk we had from him on Thurs, awesome. It was interesting to listen to his talk, because he was funny and at the same time he made us think. It was like going through Critical Reading class, or Mr. Anba's class again. And I enjoyed every minute of it, even if well, the beginning of the talk he asked some political qs that I didn't really follow.

And me, gushing about how I enjoyed his talk, and sadly, when I excitedly told people that I met Kee Thuan Chye, all I got was "Er, who?"

Sadness.... guess I will just have to share my enthusiasm with the EL mates instead.

Anyways, final exam is just round the corner. After this, no more classes with Mr. David and Mr. Rajan. Have I mentioned how adorable Mr. David is? Not to mention nice? I will miss his class, though if you look at the way I was being inactive in his class you probably would have thought I don't enjoy his class, which is not the case.

And Mr. Rajan's class, no more shouting, and high stress classes, but I guess I will miss his class too cause I really enjoy learning Japanese. Not to mention that no more cultural story.

Sigh....

No comments: