Monday, December 1, 2008

Vampire? Bah...

Because I am a procastinator, I went and watched 'Twilight' today with Ling after promising myself, yesterday, that I will start my studying today.

Oh yeah, that's how I work.

Anyways, I don't find the movie satisfying. After reading the book, which I think is good, the movie pales in comparison. The dialogues were long but choppy, just bits and parts from the book (of course), and well, I thought the movie was just plain boring.

And it didn't help that I kept hearing my sis telling her friend that she wants to sleep.

The casts are made up of pretty pretty people. Even the bad guys look pretty decent. And well, to be honest, the characters aren't exactly what I envisioned. Especially the bad guys, James and Victoria. I seriously have this picture of them looking dirty and crazy, but well, James is kinda hot in the weird half lunatic kinda way, and Victoria is just pretty. In fact, so much prettier than I expected that her appearance kinda erm, stunned me.

After watching the movie, well, when I was reading the book, Bella and Edward's love was still okay to me. At least in the book I can sorta see how their relationship progressed, it took time, but yeah, I can accept that they found some eternal love/soul mate thingy. But in the movie, everything is just so choppy and moves so fast (I know, it's a movie!) that at the end of it, when Bella said she wants to live forever with Edward (or something like that) I find myself being sceptical and cynical about it. Like love like that actually happens in a blink of the eye.

Oh well... I guess I'm more of a reader then. But I have to say, I agree with Ling's opinion about how movies like these are only for fans of the books.

At least the casts are good looking. It's worth the money to go watch pretty people since I haven't seen many lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

srsly?

hmm i am planning to watch it tomorrow, I hope it is worth it for me. I haven't finished reading the book though.

i kinda disagree that movie adaptations are for fans of the books... cos I notice more book fans dislike the movie version cos they had to do a lot of cuts. Just look at Harry Potter... personally, I am not satisfied with the movie adaptations cos it went too fast.

Jojo aka Death Angel said...

yeaps... something like harry potter. but ling said she loves it, so maybe it's worth watching.