Friday, December 19, 2008

Cooking

So, this is what one did at home during holiday with nothing much to do.

Apparently, my sis has decided to take over the role of cooking from my mum. It is probably something I should mention first, my sis is as much of a cook as I am. Which is not much because, seriously, I am too lazy to learn how to cook, or even prepare the food. If one day I have to cook my own meals in order to survive, I suspect that I might just perish from the hunger.

So anyways, I asked my sis the motivation behind her sudden burst of enthusiasm to learn how to cook. And guess what? Apparently she figured that she is going to leave home for college soon, and since she always hear me complaining that I have no food to eat when I am in PJ, she decided to learn how to cook in order to feed her tummy in the future.

Yeah, so I think I might be her motivation. Though I should probably tell her it is because I don't have the patient to cook, and that I am a picky eater, that's why I always end up hungry.

But I digress. At least now I have someone who will willingly cook spaghetti for me, with lotsa tomato sauce and mushroom.

My sis's cooking is okay... Trial and error kind. One time her dish will be awesome, the other, not so bearable. Not to mention that she is kinda bad at estimating the amount of food that she should prepare, but she's improving. One time, when I managed to bug her to cook spaghetti for me, she only cooked two people's portion. And so, my bro had to wait for my sis and I to finish our spaghetti before we cooked another round for him, because we were too hungry to be decent and cook his meal for him first.

It was funny to watch my sis experiment, though sometimes the outcome is not so edible. My bro seems to be doing all the preparing of, as he himself called it, "raw material", for my sis to cook. Personally, I think it's not really helping THAT much that my sis knows how to cook, but she doesn't know how to choose a fresh piece of fish or veg. That job belongs to my mum. The cutting up fishes, garlic, etc etc, belongs to my bro. My sis, she just cooks and cleans the wok. And me, I eat and give comment.

Ah well... as long as I don't have to clean up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omigawd...guess what.

my sis is more advanced in cooking too!

some elder sister we are LOL.

Bernard said...

Ceh. You are just secretly hoping that your sister is gonna come to PJ and cook for you everyday FOC!

Jojo aka Death Angel said...

farah: i know! actually my cooking isn't THAT bad yet... it's just that i am too lazy.

kung: god no! if my sis comes to pj with me she's probably gonna drain me empty... financially-wise. and i will have to worry about her whereabouts, no doubt that social butterfly is going to be out and about with god-knows-who at god-knows-where