Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The new PPG

Okay, I know I am a lil too old to be watching Cartoon Network, but then again, I was bored, and channel surfing provided some entertainment.

And so, I was channel surfing yesterday because it was one of those rare moments that I managed to actually find the TV not being watched by someone and I have total control over the remote control. So of course I took the opportunity to jajah the TV.

But unfortunately for me, the morning programs were just pretty boring. Didn't even have music videos that I wanted to watch. Thus the whole channel surfing started. And when I got to Cartoon Network, I saw the title Powerpuff Girls Z. My first thought was "Huh? Z?"

My curiosity got the best of me, not to mention my boredom too. So I settled down comfortably in the sofa and waited patiently for the PPG Z to start. Not like I have much to do anyways, so when the show started, I was kinda er.... speechless.

First of all, the people are anime-like. Okay, I have no prob to it, I am a fan of anime anyways. You know, the whole cutesy kind of look, huge glittering eyes etc etc. And then, the PPG suddenly grown taller. Well, not that much taller anyways, but if you remember the old version, they are tiny lil midgets. Not to mention quite 2D too, but the new PPG is 3D.

And then came the awful part. The storyline was a bit different, and the girls were so.... girly. Gosh... Even Buttercup. And guess what? They go through the transformation thing, something like Sailormoon! They even have the short skirt thingy going on.

Needless to say, I was horrified beyond belief. I guess kids nowadays need lotsa details to attract them? But seriously, I still think the old 2D PPG is much cuter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol PPG Z anime is out for a long time. I knew about it since school... but i heard it sucked.

Buttercup girly? It'd be better if she's another average tomboy stereotype.