Monday, January 5, 2009

Fleas! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

I love animals. Especially those with furs. Preferably cute and cuddly with fur, but not too much, and oh yeah, warm blooded too.

Anyways, while driving today, I heard an ad on the radio about SPCA looking for volunteers. For a moment, I was on full alert mode, thinking that maybe I could go do some volunteering, and then I heard that SPCA is in Ampang Jaya. Okay... there goes my "semangat" to volunteer. I know! I don't really sound very sincere, but Ampang is kinda far away from PJ.

And then, some happening in the evening made me realise that, yeah, I have the idea to do volunteering, but as far as reality is concerned, I won't be able to do it. I probably will scream the ears off whatever poor creature that I am attending to if I did managed to actually volunteer.

So what's the story? Yeah well, I was bathing Pepsi and Cola just now. I don't really mind that they sprayed water all over me in their attempt to dry themselves, in fact, I find it amusing. But it so happened that when I was bathing Cola, I found out that she had a few fleas on her body. And me, being the oh-so-graceful person, jumped a few steps away and started screaming.

"Ah!!! Cola! You have fleas! Ewww!!! Where the hell did you get those icky fleas?!?! Ugh, gross!!! Argh!!!!!!!! I don't want to touch those icky fleas!! Noooooooooooooooooo!!"

In the end, after realising that my bro wasn't going to leave his computer game to come and help me remove all those fleas from Cola's body, I went in search of something that could help me remove all those fleas without me touching them directly.

I ended up using a clothespin.

Pathetic, I know, but seriously, those fleas are icky. Really!

And so, I came to the conclusion that if I really really want to volunteer, I might not only have to travel all the way to Ampang, I will still need to know how to handle situation like this. Needless to say, I can't just start screaming and expect the fleas to get scared away by my screams.

I wish.

No comments: