Monday, February 2, 2009

Changeling

Apparently, changeling means a child who is believed to have been secretly left in exchange for another. And well, I have never heard of this word before, so I guess my vocabulary is pretty limited, that I don't deny.

Today, Sal, Zaza, Amelia and I went to MV to watch Changeling. It's the new Angelina Jolie movie, just in case you people have never heard of it before. It wasn't bad, quite worth watching, if you like those touching, emotional, inspiring sort of movie. I wasn't blown away by the whole movie, but the storyline was pretty good. Not that cliche, though apparently it was based on a true story.

I will not talk about the story, just in case I accidentally spill some spoilers and spoil your fun if you are planning to watch the movie. But when I was watching the movie, I couldn't help thinking why commit a sin when you know you are going to regret it, especially when you are nearing your end? Makes me wonder if those kind of people actually believe that by confessing and pretending that the sin had never happened will cancel out the sin itself.

Well, honestly, two hours and a lil bit more is a bit too long for me to stand for a movie. Even though the story was progressing pretty decently, I found myself waiting for the end instead of truly appreciating the whole movie. But I blame that on my lack of attention.

Another thing is, I wonder why the movie is not advertise more widely. Probably there are some stuff in the movie about government and politics that hit too close to the truth. Hmm....

No comments: