Saturday, June 16, 2007

The unpleasantness magnet

Dear folks, I have come to the conclusion that I have a weird ability to attract all sorts of unpleasantness. After tiring myself out from yesterday's four and a half hour journey back to BP, (yes, because I was stuck in a traffic jam in KL) I reached this conclusion. It's not just a day's matter, but what have accumulated from what I have experienced since this beginning of degree year.

Let's see. When I first moved into Tiara, I seem to become the favorite victim of those friendly mozzies. It seems that they really, really, really like me, and intend to get as close to me as possible, by leaving bites all over me. And no, it's not fun, duh, but mosquitoes repellent works good enough. In fact, I have already grown used to that smell.

Other than being able to attract mosquitoes like no other, I seem to attract a lot of smokers too. Either that or Malaysia is just overpopulated with smokers. Everywhere I go, every corner that I saw, every direction that I turn, there just HAVE to be smokers. Just like the journey back yesterday. I just have to be the unlucky one to sit behind the driver. Who just smokes all the way through traffic jam. How nice is that. I'm sure he knows just how much I appreciate his efforts in killing my lungs.

Seriously, why, oh why, can't I be a magnet for, let's say, eye candies?

No comments: