Monday, February 25, 2008

Disturbed

I'm a lazy blogger, and apparently I need Kung to point that out to me.

I probably can blog about many stuff, but most of the time I'm just too lazy to put my thoughts into words and string the words into sentences. So I guess I will never be able to qualify myself as a good critical thinker. Laziness is in every part of my soul.

Saturday had been a sad day, as in sad in a pathetic kind of way. We were forced to go to campus, for replacement. Journalism lecture was disturbing, seriously. We were on the topic of Photojournalism, and the lecturer showed us many disturbing pictures. Good pictures, but very sad pictures. We saw a picture of people's bodies being blown apart in a accident, a pic of terrified and agonised kids running down a street during the Vietnam war, and also another pic of a starved kid crawling towards a camp for food with a vulture waiting just behind the kid. If those pictures didn't evoke any emotions in you, seriously, you must be very cold-blooded. It was so sad that it makes me rethink about being a journalist. I don't think I can ever subject myself to this sort of harsh reality.

After the lecture was Grammar tutorial. Maybe we were so disturbed from our JR lecture, or maybe we were just feeling rebellious cause we had to come for class on Saturday, we actually switched off the lights and hid when our lecturer came so we could scare her. She was so surprised, but she was quite good humored about it.

Lunch was expensive, but in no way not satisfactory. We attended a discussion, which eventually turned out to be a Q and A session in the end. We watched a documentary by Fahmi Reza, called "10 tahun sebelum merdeka". I'm actually still quite surprised that I didn't fall asleep, instead, I enjoyed the movie, though I felt, again, disturbed, after watching it. It was about the untold version of history that was left out in our oh-so-boring Sejarah textbook. The documentary actually made us think about why this part of history is not in our textbook, and many of us felt cheated that we were not given this version of story in our textbook.

But since, like I said, I'm not a good critical thinking, I pushed my thoughts aside. Sunday was pretty boring what with doing the Lit assignment, and also watching D.Gray-man.

Come today, Semantics left me confused, as usual, but in tutorial, the Fantastic Four drew up two impressive Semantic fields that brought laughter. In Critical Reading and Thinking class, Dr. Carmen tried out Socratic Circle with us, which I'm too lazy to describe.

Oh, just a little something that I feel like adding, I heard on radio about Colbie writing a song because she missed the feeling of having a crush. So, I'm not the only weird girl out there, but it actually makes me think of something else.

Is it okay for other people to change an individual, even if it's for that individual's own good and it is only done out of pure concern?

1 comment:

Bernard said...

Haha....EVERYBODY loves the feeling of having a crush on that certain someone, eventhough that may have been a story of the past. I occasionally rekindle my crush on that certain someone once in a while :)

Anyway, good thing that you have managed to update your blog! I really enjoyed it!