Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Politics and Assignment

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I JUST SPENT THREE FREAKING HOURS AT SS2 FOR MY BLOODY JR ASSIGNMENT THAT ONLY COST 5% OF MY TOTAL COURSEWORK MARKS!

And of course, the fact that I actually endured the three hours of standing, donating blood to the so-very-kawaii mosquitoes, and inhaling poisoned air that will eventually kill my lungs sooner than later now. So now my feet are sore, and my lungs still quite polluted from the smoke, and my legs decorated with the gesture of thanks from the mozzies which I have so kindly given my blood to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I dislike the talk. In fact, I would have rather enjoyed the talk was it not for the fact that the smoke was making me dizzy and suffocated. In fact, I was surprised that I find it enjoyable. But it's just so fun to see the politicians being so enthusiatic about whatever they were talking about. And well, it is always good to know that things are not so perfect and goody-goody about our country. The sugar-coated version of truth is always boring and dull, and plainly trying to insult our intelligence.

But the thing is, if what the politicians were saying are all true, I wonder why BN is still governing instead of other opposition parties. Makes you wonder if there's something wrong with the people. I didn't go for the talk by BN, instead I went to the talk by DAP. Or maybe I just didn't get the story from BN. Who knows? DAP actually made a lot of interesting points that showed the flaws of our government, not to mention promises, but one has to wonder if they really did step up and take over the government, will they actually do a better job? After all, easier said than done.

Even if I did find the talk interesting, I still think politics isn't something that will really capture my interest. It's basically one party trying to outdo another in brainwashing, and sometimes actually fulfilling the promises that they made if they won. It's really just too messy and manipulating for my liking.

And of course, I have rethink my thoughts about being a journalist. Maybe the idea of being a journalist isn't for me. Still, it's quite an experience to be there and witness a political campaign.

Last but not least, this bloody assignment better worth the effort that I have put in to get this bloody story!

Just a lil note (I know, the above line said last but not least, but humor me anyways), apparently the cost to have an election is around 2 million ringgit, and according to DAP, we are all using the 2 million ringgit to put people who can't govern to govern us by letting the BN continue its reign. It means that our two millions went to the task of jaga-ing longkang and street lamps instead of other more important things. So people, just a gentle reminder, next time you think about throwing rubbish into the longkang, think of the two millions. Can you afford to have such an expensive tong sampah? If not I suggest that we actually look for a cheaper and more appropriate tong sampah before throwing our rubbish, even if it's just the tiniest trash imaginable.

No comments: