Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Love is in the air

I'm high, thus the screwed priorities. I'm NOT supposed to be doing anything other than breathing and doing assignment, but obviously my fingers are running across the keyboard for the very wrong reason. Instead of doing my JR assignment that's due TOMORROW, I'm blogging.

I went to 1U today with Sal, Boo, and Elyse. As seeing as tomorrow is Valentine's Day, we saw a lot of couples out celebrating the day. And being the romantic person that I am, really, even if I'm way too cynical and sarcastic to be considered a true romantic, I did have my own dose of romance. Even if it's not your typical lovey-dovey stuff. I romanced my own thoughts, in the form of watching Sweeney Todd. Told ya I'm not a true romantic.

Well, it was an awesome movie! The best I have watched lately. Well.... some people might said otherwise, but I absolutely love the story. Watching the movie just brings back the memory of attending Mr. Anba's class, and all through the movie, I'm just thinking about how literary the story is. What a great story to discuss from literature's point. So much that I'm fantasizing about sitting down and discussing the movie the way I used to discuss poems, short stories, Lord of the Flies, and Pygmalion in Mr. Anba's class. Benjamin Barker, aka Sweeney Todd will make an interesting character to discuss. So are all the other characters. And the story plot. The things that happened. The change in characters.

Though it was a great movie, there are a few things that are still worth complaining. First of all, like most gory movies out there, the blood looked absolutely fake. And maybe this is just me, there are too many questions left hanging unanswered. One of them that I'm absolutely dying to know will be what happened to Johanna next. And also Anthony. I don't mean if they live happily ever after, duh. I mean does Johanna eventually find whatever that she's searching for? She is a kinda lost soul in the story, still innocent and naive, yet with a tinge of cynism. And Anthony, the love-struck fool that believes that by saving Johanna they will live happily ever after. Someone whacks him on the head please.

But in a way, there is beauty in unanswered questions. It leaves a lot for the viewers to spectulate about. Personally, I rather have an ending with unanswered questions than the boring oh-so-cliche "and they live happily ever after" ending.

Back to the title of this post, other than the mall being swamped by couples, there are too many chocolates, teddy bears with hearts, and flowers on display. Not that I'm annoyed or anything. Valentine's Day is a good day to find some excuse to send love messages to your friends. Ah... actually I'm going off topic. To be honest, I have no idea why I chose the title for this post. I think must be something that Sal said. After coming out from a cold cinema, which all of us had our jackets, Sal went, "At least all of you have jackets. I look left and right, everyone has something to warm them. Human jackets."

Well... not the direct quote, but close enough. I find the "human jackets" part amusing. I think that's what prompt the title.

As much as I love to go on MORE about Sweeney Todd, I really need to go do my assignment. Sucks to have a deadline. Sucks to procastinate. Sucks to have an assignment to begin with. Sigh....

No comments: