Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cut away

Actually I was supposed to post this yesterday, but I couldn't sign into Blogger, don't know why.

So, I finally went and had my hair cut, after so many weeks of saying that I want to chop off my hair. Well, this time, literally. My hair is short. Short as in short, not shoulder-length. I can't even tie my hair anymore if I wanted to.

I don't really know why I decided to have my hair cut so short. I know I have been wanting to cut my hair short for quite some time already, but somehow never really gathered enough courage to do it. I guess I trusted that hairdresser a lot to actually let him cut my hair so short without second thought.

Well, not exactly without second thought. I did asked him whether he thinks short hair will suit me. He said yes. Since he said so, I asked him to cut it short. I sorta threatened him that if my hair comes out ugly, I will put all the blame on him since he said it will look good. And he would have to give me back my long hair. He was confident though, saying that I won't be disappointed.

Funny thing is, halfway through the cut, I mean the guy already cut off half my hair already, he asked whether I was sure I wanted to have my hair cut short. I mean, what lar! It's not like he can uncut my hair. So I told him go ahead and cut them off. He was quite surprised, cause the last time he cut my hair I refused to let him even go above shoulder length. Like before cutting so confident, then halfway through he asked whether I'm sure. Really what lar.

But I'm very pleased with the result. It's refreshing to have my hair so short, even though I thought it makes my head looks rounder. I kind of got bored of my hair being stuck in the same length for a couple of years already, seeing that I don't want it short and I am too lazy to keep it long. In case you didn't know, it's not easy to manage long hair.

Anyways.... moving on to reactions. I received lotsa positive feedbacks, actually, after my friends have gotten over the initial shock of seeing my hair short. Apparently I look younger, livelier, taller, and more professional. On the other hand, someone did say the short hair makes me look older. So I am not really sure what to make of it. I don't think my mum knows that I have cut my hair short, she merely complained about the expensive haircut. But I reckon she will be pleased to know my hair is short now. She's been bugging me to cut my hair short for some time already.

And you know what's more amusing than people's reaction over my haircut, it's that some actually asked me if I'm okay, as in did I just suffer a heartbreak or what. Apparently girls only cut their hair short when their hearts got broken. What a cliche thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HATE when women cut their hair short. Oh well. lol