Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Global Peace Festival

So this happened on Sunday (19 Oct 2008), but because I was too lazy, actually still am, so the post is two days late.

Anyways... on Sunday, I went to the Global Peace Festival at Bukit Jalil with a few uni friends. To be honest, I went because I thought I would be bored with nothing to do on a Sunday. And since it was FOC, and well, there were some local acts there, I thought I go and join in the fun. Turned out it was worth it, thank God for that.

First of all, ah... the small blessing, the event was held in the Bukit Jalil indoor stadium, LUCKILY, because I cannot imagine how to pass the 6 hours if it was outdoor. Mind you, the main event started at 3.30pm but for some reasons we had to be there by 12.30pm.

But anyways, since we were there early, initially there was some confusions after we left the bus, which by the way, had holes on the floor. We were sent to the outdoor stadium, and the guards pointed us towards the indoor one, so we boarded the bus and left for the indoor one without much hassle. When we reached there, we were sorta being ushered here and there, and well, I don't really know about the others, but I was definitely feeling like a lost lamb searching desperately for the lost flock.

Inside the stadium, again, we were being ushered here and there, like lost lambs. Ironically, the tickets said free seatings, but when we wanted to sit down at a certain place, the ushers sorta told us that we were supposed to sit somewhere else. And again, after some hassle, Sal, Lynda and I managed to sit in the center of the row, and we sorta got separated with the other UTAR crowd a bit. Most of them were sitting on the left side, and the three of us were the "sesated" ones that sat in the middle.

Anyways, as we were waiting for something to start, bored outta my mind, the guys behind us decided to ask us which uni are we from. Thus started the whole conversation, and before we knew it, the three of us were laughing our heads off because the group was just so damn funny. They were UM students, and had boundless energy, especially two of the guys. Honestly, under normal circumstances, I might get a little annoyed at their loudness, but then again boredom is never normal for me. But I am glad that they made the event all the more fun for us.

Before the main event started, there were a few dance performances going on. Not to forget that we had Chinese orchestra for the opening act, which was performed by the students from our uni, but sad to say, even if they were good, the UM students proved to be more entertaining than their soothing music. And I thought the dances were nicer to watch than the singing, which was the main event, at the end.

Of course, before the whole "main" event started, there was lotsa speech going on that put us to sleep. But I thought the singing really wasn't that awesome because the background music was louder than the singer's voice. I honestly couldn't hear any of the singers' singing, and that was kinda sad because there were some famous local singers performing, such as Ning Baizura, Ella, and Jaclyn Victor. And after enduring the long, boring speech, the performances just sorta... well, for the lack of words, "potong steam" since that was what I got after sitting through those speeches. I know, I know, speeches are important, but can't they just keep to the KISS rule?

So, I guess, at the end of it, I will say it was a good way to spend my Sunday.

No comments: