Monday, October 6, 2008

The tiniest feeling of failure

I feel a lil like a failure cause I totally forgot what I learned when I was learning how to drive. I mean, yeah, I can still drive, that's what I have been doing ever since I get back to BP anyways. Playing driver. Boredom.

But anyways, back to the story. I was out just now sending my bro to his tuition. On my way back, there was this slope with traffic light, and I happened to stop there to wait for the light to turn green. And being the lazy person that I am, I put my car on P and pulled the handbrake, figuring I could use the skill I had been taught when I was learning how to drive on a slope.

And turned out that I forgot that I am supposed to change the gear to D first before I let go of the handbrake. Needless to say, I can't change the gear to D cause the brake have to be stepped if I want to change the gear, some safety precaution of the car, which I am grateful for.

So, the car can't move, and if the drivers behind me could yell at me, I am sure my ears will be deaf by now. I panicked a lil, but thankfully everything was okay after I released the gear . Though I am a lil disappointed in myself that I forgot such an important skill. Sadness....

No comments: