Monday, March 23, 2009

A fantastic Saturday night... with Jrockers, who are not Js

This post is dedicated to Farah, who missed the Jrock no Tamashii. I know... rub it in, but you know I still love you anyways. Muahaha!

But seriously, you would have enjoyed it as much as I did. Good music and bishies, not to mention some other Jrock fans who came in costumes. Phew... talk about an interesting place to people-watch.

So the event was held at The Republic Bar, which was in Sunway Pyramid. It was held outdoor, and was supposed to start at 6pm, but since I was late, I didn't know what happened. But we were late, and we got there around 8 plus, and it was just the first band playing. So we didn't miss much, which we were thankful for.

The first band was called Kawaii Sakura. They were not bad actually, in fact, all the bands were pretty good except one, which Sal and I disliked cause the vocalist's voice gave us headache. It was kinda high-pitched, and well, sounded as though it should belonged to Jpop instead of Jrock.

Anyways... back to Kawaii Sakura. I missed half of their performance, but when I got there, they were playing one of Naruto's songs, I can't remember which one. They definitely had the energy, and it was fun to watch them perform as they were so lively. Not to mention I think the vocalist was pretty bold to shave off one side of her hair. I really admire her guts for that. But not so much about her hair, the band was good, with good energy.

I can't remember the sequence of the performance, so I am just gonna tell whichever bands that I can recall off first.

Then there was this band called Gemini. This band was good too, with good energy. Not to mention that they performed one of my fav songs, "Zetsubo Billy". It was just awesome, and Sal and I got high over that since we weren't expecting to hear this song there. But I guess since it's an anime themesong, it probably got a lot of publicity too.

Another band called Endless Eternal, they were very good. I love them, they were pretty impressive. Apparently they won the second place for the Battle of the Bands last year, and I can definitely see how they got the second place. Even the vocalist's voice is good, which is something that I can't say for every one of the bands. Plus, all the songs that they were performing were all self-composed, so that was just impressive. Actually the vocalist reminded me of Paramore's lead singer. Maybe cause she's pretty young, and her voice is good. Oh... and this band has a drummer that's as young as my sis. So... yeah, I like this band a lot.

The band that Sal went for, was called Mage. Apparently they were like the founder of Jrock scene in Malaysia. Like if it wasn't them, there wouldn't be this sort of thing going in Malaysia. They were good too. They were the guest performers for this event, along with John's Mistress.

Then there were some other bands, such as Miniature Garden, that I didn't really see, not because I don't like them, but because Sal's heels were killing her and she needed to sit down. So it wasn't like we could see the stage from that far away. Thus we missed a couple of bands.

There was also this band called Strawberry Jam, which was not bad, but I can't remember why I wasn't paying much attention to them. I think I was pissed off cause some smoker were sorta everywhere I went. I moved forward, he moved forward, I backed off, he backed off. So yeah... all I know was the music was not bad, but I couldn't appreciate it due to the annoyance. By the time I actually turned my attention on stage, the lead singer had already taken off his shirt, I have no idea why he did that, but oh well, he has a pretty hot body, so I guess it was okay.

But seriously, the one that really blew me away was the last band, Drako'Zen. They were just amazing.... great songs, great on-stage performance. I know... I'm a lousy writer, I can't describe properly, but seriously, they were that amazing. I love them. And that has nothing to do with the bishies playing guitars n bass. Really.

Ah well... like I said, I'm not that good of a writer, and well, my memory fails me already. After doing assignments, the event actually seems a long time ago, instead of just two days ago. But what I really regretted was I didn't get any of the bands to take pics with me. So now I only have the mental image of the memory, and well, no bishies pictures to stare at.

Oh.... did I mention about these two bishies playing solo guitar? Erm... Mage's and Drako'Zen's. That was just plain hot... and Sal and I almost melted from the "yeng"-ness of the whole solo act. *swoons*

And after the long-winded lame attempt to describe the whole event, I am just gonna conclude that yeah, Malaysia's Jrock bands are good, so don't just ignore them just because they are from Malaysia. They should have more of this sort of events going on, if not, people wouldn't know how good they are. We gave our musicians less credits than they all deserve.

No comments: