Sunday, March 8, 2009

My first concert

Well... that title is a lil ambiguous. But let me clear it up, it was the first concert that I attended, and though it was not by some drool-worthy dude with deep, husky voice, or some hot chick with provocative dance moves, I was blown away.

Really, it was that amazing.

To spare you the suspense (let's pretend that I am actually good at building suspense, shall we?), yesterday night, I went to Kitaro's Live at Genting 2009 with my mum. I was pretty excited about it, seeing as I know Kitaro is an amazing artist. And apparently all his songs are inspired by nature, and well, we all know that I am not a big fan of soothing songs. I rather like loud bass and drums and all those screaming... most of the time.

Anyways... the concert started off pretty mellow. There are these two instruments that really sound like nature's sound, one is something that sounds like some kind of bird, and another, the sound of river flowing. The first three songs, like I said, were pretty mellow. The whole stage was pitch black when those songs were playing, instead, visual on nature was shown to us. I remembered thinking that it was amazing, that somehow all his songs really did remind me of those visual that I have seen. Honestly, I can easily just imagine those scenery, though maybe not so pretty in my head, seeing as I have never really seen those amazing scenery first hand, but really, those songs really do related well with those scenes. I almost felt as though the nature was singing to me instead of Kitaro's playing.

And well, I would be lying if I said I like the mellow songs. True, I enjoyed them, but I was already sleepy to begin with, and if the whole concert was filled with songs like that, I would have dozed off despite the uncomfortable chair. But the pace of the music picked up. In fact, the whole concert reminded me a bit of a storyline. Something like at first, the world was filled with peace. Then, came intruders who wanted to destroy the peace. The nature retaliated. Nature won but was filled with sadness from the destruction. But life went on, and slowly, it healed.

Well... that was what I felt during the concert. Somewhere during the song that made me felt nature had won but was saddened by the destruction, I actually felt so touched that my eyes were starting to fill with tears. I know... I sound a bit emo-ish and weird, but really, I could feel the music reaching out to me. But luckily for me, the music didn't continue with those kind of feeling, well, as least not to me, and the tearwork didn't start or else I would have freaked my mum out, big time.

After two hours, the concert came to an end. But the crowd wanted an encore so Kitaro came back and played two more songs for us. Yays!

But honestly, the whole concert was just amazing, especially the second half. The keyboard, the guitar, the drums, and the violin especially, were so fantastic. And well, it was just so mesmerising to watch them play.

I am just so glad that I have this experience. This trip to Genting was just brilliant, not just the concert, since I got to unwind with my family and also my cute baby cousins, Jay and Phil. God knows I need that if not I'm gonna go crazy from all the stress.

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you went to his concert but you didn't tell me yesterday!!!!
DAMMIT I ENVY YOU!!!