Friday, April 20, 2007

Global warming

Honestly speaking, what I have been doing the whole day but loitering and wasting time (or more painfully accurate, trying to escape studying for watashi no finals), well, if it's not those, I really have no idea what I had been doing. Definitely not studying, that's for certain. Supposedly the reason I went to school with Jess and Jen was to study, and what do you know? We ended up taking pictures to make our own short movie, sorta. And then, there's the whole looking at my future house episode, and of course, me stumbling upon the copy of "Yellowpages" that Jess has so kindly brought it back from school for moi. Which eventually, leading me to the urge to type down the issue boring the name "Global warming".

Yo, peeps and homies (ignore the terms I have just learned today, sad, I know), let's talk about our beloved planet and global warming, shall we?

We all know about global warming and its effects. There's excessive hot climate, which leads to warmer ocean, rising of sea-level and flooding because of the melting of Arctic and Antarctic, which then lead to coral bleaching, inconsistent season, and changes in ecosystem. Not to mention that the funny and inconsistent weather will eventually lead to heavy shower, snowfalls, flooding, blazes and droughts. And guess what? The warm temperature actually helps encourage the mozzies, or more frequently known as mosquitoes, to expand their population. Well peeps and homies, ya know what that means? More dengue fever, is all. Icks....

But hey, look on the bright side, with all the steps that the countries and their leaders are taking to recover our ozone, the ozone is actually recovering. Even if that's the case, we should all not slack off. It is of course, our duty to help stop our Earth from warming further. I'm sure it's not a pleasant experience to live in an oven.

The simple things we can do in our daily life to stop contributing to global warming:
-Carpool or take public transport
-Recycle
-Replace old appliances and use compact flourescent bulbs
-Plant trees
And these are the simple things that we always forget.

Oh well, I think I have wasted enough time trying to escape studying for now, so I'm stopping now. But for further information, check out www.climatehotmap.org and StopGlobalWarming.org. That's where the information I read about come from.

No comments: