Thursday, April 12, 2007

Perfume: Story of a murderer


I have only compliments for this movie. To me, it's absolutely beautiful, the storyline, that's it. I don't regret spending my six bucks on it. And what's more, it reminds me of a part of me that I have nearly forgotten. The reason I decided to choose English Language as my degree course.

The storyline is no doubt interesting. It might be a little cruel, to kill young women in such a twisted, disgusting way to perserve their scents, but somehow, I didn't find the movie repulsive. And some of the scenes are a little too exaggerated, and maybe a little too much flesh, if you get what I mean, but I really like the movie.

The movie started with someone narrating it. There wasn't really a lot of conversation, but mainly the story progressed by narration. At first, I thought I was the only weird one who thought the movie is good, but turned out that Zaza and Mishel also love it. Oh well....

Ah... this is lame. To think I aspire to be a writer. Here I am, totally pathetic, I can't even describe the movie and my feelings about it properly. But I'm really glad I went for the movie. I had my fun, and it did served to remind me of the passion I have for literature and language that Mr. Anba had helped me discover. I have nearly forgotten about it after all.

No comments: