Thursday, July 5, 2007

The music addict

I figured I might never excel in Phonetics. It's not that I'm stupid, I believe that by practicing, of course I will improve in my Phonetics. But the thing is, I realised, is that I'm too much of a music addict to actually put aside some time to practice my Phonetics. And if you are thinking what kind of excuse is that, let me elaborate.

All this while, I study with my music on. I have always been the kind to be able to multitask, in this case, listening to music and studying at the same time. Music won't bother me or break my concentration when I'm studying, and in fact, I use music to help me concentrate better. Seriously. So do you realise the problem now? I'm so used to having music when studying that I have no idea what to do when I need to study without music. Cause for Phonetics, I can't really just start practicing without my Phonetics CD. But the thought of studying without my music is just so depressing. And I can't really focus.

So which leads me to.... I'm doomed. I realised this after I sorta made a promise to myself that I will practice my Phonetics since I was dozing off in tutorial today. And we have sorta mini test thingy starting next week. It's going to contribute to my coursework marks, and though I said that since I have no scholarship already, I don't have to feel the pressure to score good grades, but then again I couldn't possibly just let my grades drop down to six feet under, can I?

Sigh... I guess I will just have to bear with it. Even if I absolutely hate sacrificing my music time for Phonetics. Soon. Soon! I will practice my Phonetics. Hopefully it's sooner than later.

No comments: