Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The reading room

So there's a quiz later, and my friends and I got bored of the canteen because of the delicious aroma of oil (gag me), heat, and also noise. We proceeded to the reading room after eating, as my friend said, cause it was too noisy to study in canteen, and I bit down a sarcastic remark that probably reading room is going to be as noisy too.

And lo behold! Hey, I'm not sarcastic, I'm just being truthful. I remembered there's this one time when I went cruising in the car with my mum and my bro. So we passed by this road, where there are a few petrol stations along the road, and for odd reasons, birds stay there for the night. Everyday without fail. And you wouldn't believe the noise they made. For tiny creatures, those black birds can really make a big noise. They put those loud speakers to shame with their noisy chirpings, and they aren't even using any technology to enhance their chirps.

If you are asking what has those birds got to do with the reading room, yeah well, while I was pathetically trying to focus on the notes, I kinda made a connection between the noise the people in the reading room made with the birds. And you were like, "What?!" Yeah, that's how I feel. I don't know. I'm not blaming them because I really was too lazy to study anyway, or else I wouldn't be rambling on and on about birds and noise here, but what I find fascinating is that the room is called a reading room, instead, people seem to go there for a chat. A loud, noisy one, nevertheless.

So sue me, cause I might be too chatty and noisy for my own good once in a while. But really, maybe the room should be called chatting room, or room of noise instead of reading room. Cause it's so obvious people who went in there are for a chat, and also to escape the heat outside. Possible some place with air con, but since the library isn't meant for talking, the reading room it is then.

No comments: