Sunday, July 8, 2007

Some place in this world...

Sometimes I think that we are all too self absorbed. Myself included.

And there's a reason why I don't like reading newspaper. Because the world doesn't offer any comfort, usually it will always be some horrible news, like a small girl gone missing after her mum left for like ten minutes, or some suicide bomber who caused the death of (insert number here) people. OR how the earth is slowly but surely declining, cause we are just selfish jerks who couldn't care less about the ozone layer or the forest.

Well... About two hours ago, I was on the bus, waiting for it to go at the traffic light when I noticed this bug buzzing outside the window. Call it extreme boredom, and I was like "Hey, the bug has really pretty wings!" And when I reached home, I started reading newspaper, and saw this news about bombs and the sorts. Depressing, I know, but I have to search for an article for my Mass Com assignment. I'm not sure what to do anyway, but supposedly I am supposed to compare a hard news that local newspaper reported on and also the same hard news but reported by a foreign newspaper. Weird... but I'm not the one who came up with the question.

So, feeling hardworking for once, I decided to go online to search for the same news. Except that what I found is, 100 plus people were killed in a case of suicide bomber. And it happened about the same time when I was going "Hey, the bug has really nice wings!" I don't know how accurate I'm being, but it leads me to thinking, most of us are actually so blessed that we don't realise that we are blessed.

Think of it this way...

When you are complaining and bitching about your study, like when I am about my Phonetics and Grammar, some place in this world, there are kids hoping and praying that they have the chance to study.

When you are fighting off the craving for chocolate and ice-cream, have you ever wondered how many people out there actually wish they have something to eat, whatever it is?

When you are bored out of your mind, wanting to do something but too lazy to do something, what about the people at some other place in this world, struggling on with life?

When you are thinking whether you should spend your hundred bucks on CD and new top, what about some other people trying hard to make the end meets?

I don't know.... I just suddenly thought that most of us don't realised how blessed we are actually. Myself included, I guess.

No comments: