Tuesday, July 31, 2007

You would never know

Grammar is slowly, but certainly, making its steady way up the list of my least favourite things. Needless to say, today's Grammar test did nothing to improve the situation.

Before I started degree, I have quite a few things that I wasn't expecting.

First of all, I didn't really expect my course to be, putting it frankly, something that I would spend quite some time convincing myself that I don't hate it. After all, I'm the one who chose to take this course. And well, after spending a lot of time, I have finally accepted that my course isn't going to, well, turn out the way that I want it to be. But still.... Grammar. Sigh. Next time if anyone critises that I'm taking a course that's not that challenging (read: suitable for people who are intellectually challenged, to put it nicely), I'm going to take my Grammar book and shove it up his/her stuck-up nose. Seriously.

Second, never judge a book by its cover. Who would have expect the girl I talked to during my first Phonetics class, who was pretty unresponsive during that time, could turn out to be quite bubbly. And that the Fantastic Four, could be very fun to be with, and came up with songs like "I'm gay, and I'm happy, but I'm still a gay"? Or the weird people in my class are actually not weird, in fact, it was those so called "normal" people that turned out to be a little unstable? All and all, I'm starting to love my class despite feeling under pressure once in a while. The fun we all have together, I really hope it continues all through three years.

Third, I didn't really expect to miss my dinner-table gang that much. Sometimes when I was eating dinner I would think about the time when we ate dinner together. The tom yam, spaghetti, and mushroom chicken rice. I missed the time when we would spent a few hours for dinner, just crapping. Now there's no more dinner-table gang. Sigh...

Lastly, I don't really expect myself to actually hang out with a smoker. It's not that I'm accepting or what, but for me who always can't stand smoke, it came as a surprise that I'm spending half of my time in uni with someone who smokes. Though luckily it's not a heavy smoker who is inconsiderate to blow smoke in people's face.

I guess, I'm changing a little and slowly accepting the new environment then.

1 comment:

ling said...

Second, never judge a book by its cover. Who would have expect the girl I talked to during my first Phonetics class, who was pretty unresponsive during that time, could turn out to be quite bubbly.

-___-