Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The malfunctioning left hemisphere

Okay... I have subconsciously realised this, but it was not until last Friday when I attended a (sorta) live accoustic concert at Jaya One that it finally hit me.

And now, early morning, and I miss PCD's new song, perhaps you have heard it, or not, but it's called "When I grow up". I know... the tune is catchy, sorry for falling for catchy songs, dude! And the lyrics, unfortunately, but not unpredictably, are not very stimulating for the brain growth.

Anyways, here's the story. On Friday night, I was listening to the local artists singing, and I realised that I can't comprehend what they are singing! Gosh... It's not like I don't understand the words, it's just that I'm so used to listening to songs without registering the lyrics that I no longer have the ability to string the words together to make a coherent idea about what the song is about.

So what does that have to do with PCD's new song? Well, there is this part where they sing "I wanna be a star, I wanna have groupies" The thing is, I couldn't catch whether they are singing "groupies" or "boobies"!!! And I'm not the only one. People posted comments on the video asking that also. And it's not so weird because basically it seems that boobs are getting very important when it comes to showbiz.

See what happens when I try to use my left hemisphere?!?! Not that there are many songs out there that are going to feed your need to feel intelligent.

Conclusion, Jojo no longer uses her left hemisphere when listening to songs. All she needs now to take a liking to any songs is her right hemisphere. Now if you will excuse me, I think I will go abandon my left hemisphere some more.

No comments: