Saturday, March 29, 2008

Crazed fans, fashionably late celebrities

How to not piss Jojo off:
1. You don't let her get hungry, because a hungry Jojo is a bitchy Jojo
2. You don't let her wait, 5 to 15 mins, still acceptable, 3 hours, she's ready to chop off your head and pull your guts out and feed them to rats

Today, I had the "honour" to witness the crowd of crazed girls, shouting, screaming, and jumping for five teenage boys. Lucky bastards, seriously, to have don't know how many hundreds girls waiting just for them, including me.

But unlike the fans that don't mind waiting for three hours, by the time I didn't see them on stage after one hour of standing there, waiting, I was already in max grumpiness mode, and I freaked the fan girl standing beside me out with my cursing and swearing and threats about throwing ice cream down to the crowd just to make the girls fight among themselves. Honestly, I skipped lunch so that I can get a story for my JR assignment, but it turned out that those celebrities didn't even have the curtesy to be on time for their fans who actually gave them money to eat and keep their faces pretty. They didn't even tell the reason why they were late.

In the end, I gave up waiting and went to get lunch first, which was a wise decision seeing as by the time I finished they were still not there. Remember, they were late for three hours. Three freaking hours! Imagine what I could have done for that period. But I digress. After lunch, I actually felt better and not so grumpy, but apparently I had passed my grumpiness to Sal, because she became grumpy afterwards.

Just when I decided to leave, the emcee announced that they are on their way, so I decided to stay. And guess what? I bumped into them when I was on my way up to prepare myself to get their pictures. And I wasn't even a fan. In all honesty, they looked cuter than they did in their pictures. And one of the members actually looked so cute and innocent I felt like pinching his cheeks. To think that I managed to get a close look at them without trying when their fans were all being squeezed breathless by the proximity of each other.

So after making the fans waited for three hours, they finally went up stage and said a few words, before getting on with their autograph session. And you know what? They only signed for like half an hour. And if I'm not mistaken, only the first lucky ten fans who went up first get all five of their signatures. The rest of them who got the signature only had one member's signature, and that's all. All after waiting for three hours! And there were people who didn't even managed to get signature. Like Sal.

By the time the "autograph" session ended, I was grinning my head off already. Probably because I ate two ice creams, which means sugar in my blood making me more cheerful, and because I can finally get home. And also I was amused over the whole thing, from bumping into them unintentionally, to trying to get a clear picture of them, and to the crying fans who managed to get their signatures. It was a safe bet to say that by that time I wasn't being grumpy anymore.

Getting back proved to be a not so easy task, when we couldn't get a taxi to send us back. The taxis that were willing to take us back were all trying to rob us off our money. We ended up taking U88, and amazingly I found out that my trusty white heels are actually okay to run in. We managed to catch the bus (yay! Small blessing of life), and all through the bus ride I was stoning, and Sal was just trying to get rid of the annoying boys' voices from her brain. We dropped off at Section 14 for Mcd, and it took us another hour to wait for T628. Sigh....

But at least I got my story! If not, I was willing to go up there and cause something (think catfights) just so I have my story.

Oh, btw, the band mentioned above is a Korean boyband named FT Island, and the autograph session was held in Cineleisure Damansara. It was supposed to start at 1, but many thanks to the "punctuality" of their part, the session successfully started at 4.15 instead. I wonder if any of the fans gave them watch or clock for presents.

I will post the pictures that I took when I get them, but it all depends on whether I'm lazy or hardworking, and whether I want their pictures to actually be in my blog. Haha!

1 comment:

Bernard said...

Post them in your blog!